Thursday, November 15, 2007

Random Stuff

The one that didn't make it
I found it very difficult to get started in the Stand Up contest. The result was at least two or three designs for the first few LOs before I was happy with the result. Most of them went into the recycle bin on my computer, except this one. I actually really like it and may have to lift the design for another page. The challenge was to use at least three patterned papers on the page.

Credits: Lisa Whitney Chalked Papers and stitching (Scrapartist), Dani Mogstad Say It Journal Strips (Design by Dani).

Blech!
I am sick. I began coming down with a cold on the weekend and this one just won't let go. The worst part is the cough at night that not only keeps me awake but seems to wake the rest of the household as well. You really don't appreciate the cold and flu drugs until you are unable to use them. Just one of the downsides of being pregnant.

So I haven't felt like scrapping (again) but I was on a little bit of a roll before I got sick so I'm hoping my Mojo returns.

Christmas Mode
I know Thanksgiving is just around the corner but I am already geared up for Christmas. This is going to be the first year we have had our own Xmas tree in almost nine years of marriage. It will also be Thomas' first Xmas at home so I am really excited. We went to Ikea yesterday to get some Xmas decor - lots of candles (I love candles) and some other decorations. I have been collecting ornaments for the last few years in post Xmas sales so I should have enough to decorate a tree but I won't know until it's all put together.

I am really looking forward to starting our own traditions so I am doing some research. I am also thinking about Xmas dinner - I want it to be special but not too much trouble since there will only be three of us (and Thomas only counts for half). Tradition in Australia is to have turkey but since we have Thanksgiving just next week I was thinking about prime rib. I am a little undecided but I do plan to cook.... at least right now I do.

But first Thanksgiving...
I am not American so Thanksgiving is a relatively new holiday for me. Although I try to continue some of the traditions, I like to make Thanksgiving a very laid back and relaxed holiday with just Hubby and Thomas. No traveling and take out Turkey dinner. Believe me - it is delicious! And I make sure I order enough for plenty of leftovers.

I created this little page to commemorate our Thanksgiving tradition. Almost everything is from a Tara Sroka/Heather Milano Collab available from Tara's Store. Click on image for full credits.

So that's just about enough randomness for today. Have a great Thursday and thanks for stopping by.

Nicole

No comments: