Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Crazy Busy

I have no idea where December is going. It has been a crazy month and doesn't look like it is going to get any easier in the near future. I am so glad that we are staying at home for Christmas this year because I'm not sure how we would squeeze a vacation in amongst all this craziness.

Before I go any further I do have to wish my sweet husband a very Happy Birthday. I won't tell you how old he is... OK... 36! As long as he continues to stay older than me then our relationship will prevail. :) No fancy card from me today unfortunately. My best wishes will have to do.
The good news on the the to do list. I am mailing the last of my Christmas presents today (Yippee). When you have family in Australia in Japan then you have to be somewhat organised. Today is the last day to send packages abroad so that they make it there in time for Xmas. My Shutterfly books arrived just yesterday so I was cutting it fine - although some may call it perfect timing. :) My goal next year is to have everything done by Thanksgiving.
The books look fantastic! I ordered 8x8 and they are the perfect size. My mother only reads my family blog so I think it's safe to post the cover and back page of my book here. The back page was a favourite LO I created a while ago and I made a cover to match.

Front Cover

Back Cover


Papers and most elements are from the Weeds and Wildflowers Seeing Stars pack. The frame on the front is from Nancy Comelab and the frame on the back and the ribbon is from Christina Renee (Stand up and Scrap kit). Alpha and paint brush is from MandaJ Designs (Evan Kit).

And I have a new LO to share using Tara's Holly Days kit - a collab with Andie Smith. I opened this kit and the first thing that struck me were the gorgeous papers. Tara has really outdone herself with this one. I used a couple of things from other designers (eg. the overlay and alpha) but most of this is from the kit. Click on the image for full credits.

Finally a few quick (unedited) pics from our short walk through the Bybee Wetlands on Sunday. Such a great place to see wome wildlife and experience a little bit of nature near the heart of the city. We even saw a couple of Beavers.







I'll be back to post some photos of our very first Ishida family Christmas tree. Yes, Kei and I have nearly been married for nine years and this is the first year we will have a tree of our own.

I am feeling so festive!

Have a great day

Nicole

1 comment:

Gabi Butcher said...

Nic the shutterfly book back and cover look gorgeous!!! Your Mom will love it!

Gorgeous LO's!

Gabi