Monday, July 30, 2007

Challenged...

...And not in a good way. Seems this parenting thing is getting more difficult. Kei played golf all afternoon on Saturday and Thomas was a challenge at best. He has finally realized that he has an opinion and is not afraid to express it. Don't get me wrong, I want him to become an independent child with a mind of his own - but not if EVERYTHING is the opposite of what I want. I wanted him to eat lunch at the table, HE wanted to eat on the floor. I gave him fish crackers, HE wanted peanut butter crackers. I wanted him to have a bath, HE didn't want a bath. HE wanted me to out on a diaper, I started to put on the diaper, HE wanted me to stop. Just one struggle after another. Exhausting.

Makes me wonder about a 20 hour trip to Australia...alone...with Thomas...Hmmm. That DVD battery had better sustain his attention.

I ordered Parenting with Love and Logic from Amazon. Should arrive just in time for the plane ride. I am expecting miracles.

I did get some scrapping though. I was feeling particularly creative on Saturday night and finshed three layouts - in addition to the two I finished on Friday. I am only able to share one right now. It is using Dani's new Stitches over at the Sweet Shoppe. I am always a sucker for good stitches, especially if they are a little funky and fun and these don't disappoint. She has some circles as well. Will definitely have to use those soon.

Credits

Have a great Monday!

Nicole

No comments: