Monday, July 9, 2007

Overindulged

(sp?) I'm a little embarrassed to post my weekend recap. Mainly because, well, I'm well into my 30s (32!) and should really know better.

Let's start with the good stuff. On Saturday morning I got up bright and early and cleaned the upstairs portion of our house - as soon as I woke up! Nothing like getting it over and done with before it got too hot and before I lost the motivation.

Next, Thomas and I headed to the park for the monthly catch up with the mums and kids from my baby and me group. Small turnout this weekend due to vacation, but nevertheless it is fun seeing these now nearly two-year-olds who have known each other practically since birth. I am so glad we have maintained these get togethers since the kids outgrew the official group. And congrats to one friend who is now expecting baby number two. I think there must be something in the water.

After the park I returned home and finished cleaning the house in preparation for game night with some friends. 5 couples with three of them expecting babies (I told you there was something in the water).

Well it seems that I was trying to make up for the fact that three of the ladies could not drink because I drank enough for everyone! I seriously don't know how it happened. I think a lack of food, not enough water during the day and hosting duties blurred my ability to judge how much I was drinking. I managed to hold it together until everyone left - Kei said I didn't start acting drunk until then (lucky him!). Shortly after I went to bed I had to get up again and... I'll spare you the details. Needless to say I spent all day Sunday feeling under the weather which was much harder than it was in college when I didn't have a child demanding my attention. Luckily Thomas seemed content with crawling all over me as I lay on the grass outside, unwilling to move very much for fear of awakening the creature that was pounding the inside of my skull.

Note to self: hangovers are even less fun in your 30s. A hard learned lesson, that's for sure.
So, not much scrapping for me this weekend. I did submit one fun project for MDM which I can't show yet. And I am working on a LO for Jen Wilson's new challenge which is shaping up nicely.

This week is supposed to be a hot one! Two days over 100 degrees (that's almost 40 for those who subscribe to the Metric system). So look for many whining posts about the heat and how I can't use my laptop for fear of drowning in perspiration.

I will finish with a couple of quick photos that I took on July 4th. Not that you can tell that it's July 4th from the pictures. Who says boys and flowers don't go together? I think they work together beautifully. :)

Thanks for stopping by. :)
Nicole

No comments: