Friday, July 20, 2007

What's a girl to do? Shop!

We were supposed to head to the coast for the weekend but when I called last night to confirm, I found they had no record of our reservation. Even though I had an email confirmation. I did tried to call when I made the reservation orginally but they never called me back and then I received an email message so I thought it was confirmed. But I guess not...


And finding last-minute accomodation on the Oregon Coast on a weekend in the middle of the summer is an impossible task.


So instead I shopped. I LOVE the Nordstrom anniversary sale. I bought these shoes - the heel is way too high and they are totally impractical but look how cute!


And then of course I had to buy some new jeans to wear them with. And a new top to finish off the whole outfit (couldn't find a pic of that).

I bought some sensible shoes as well. Still very cute, but sensible.



And it's all completely justified because they were on sale! Ahhh... I feel so much better. :) It has been so long since I bought something for myself.

I was supposed to be on leave today but since we're no longer going away I didn't want to waste it. So I do have to do some work. Then I think I'll pick Thomas up from daycare a little early and we can all go and get some sushi for dinner.


The weekend is looking better and better. Besides, I think it's going to rain all weekend on the coast.


See how I just turned that frown upside down?? :) Have a great weekend!


Nicole

No comments: