Sunday, July 15, 2007

Loads of Digi Love

I have been so fortunate lately to have my addiction funded in part by some wonderful designers. Here's a list of the GCs currently burning a hole in my pocket:

  • $5 GC for Jen Wilson Layout of the week
  • $10 GC for Jen Wilson week 1 attire challenge
  • $5 GC to Shabby Elements for being named Gypsy Gem of the day today at ScrapGypsies (!). I love all of the inspiration on this site - digital and hybrid.
  • and a $5 GC just for leaving a message on Nancy Comelab's blog - I think she is the most generous designer in digi land. Seriously!
I told you - I am a very lucky girl. :)

Here is the page that won Gypsy Gem of the day. I actually pulled it together for the challenge on Nancy's blog. Dani was hosting this week and challenged us to put at least 4 photos from different angles on the page. I ended up with seven. :)

I was actually a little nervous about the color scheme for this page. I was dying to use some of Tara's new papers but that much Orange was a little scary - and THEN I added the orange alpha (also from Tara). But in the end I think it looks great - the colors worked out perfectly and it was all finished off beautifully with those adorable animals from Shannon Lee's grab bag this month.

Credits

Speaking of grab bags: I have had to cut down on my grab bag splurges so I am trying to prevent myself from buying every single one. It;s incredibly difficult because they are such great value. I always buy Holly's (just because..) and then of course I already have Tara's (one of the CT perks) and then I try and mix it up with two additional bags each month. This month I decided to get Shannon's and Royanna's. I was so glad I did! Each of the bags had a bunch of stuff I can use right away and I absolutely LOVE Shannon's jungle kit. Seriously - these bags are getting better and better each month.

I also have to share this before I go. I was paired up for a photo swap with Traci Reed on the Dani's Girls CT. While I am ashamed to say that I still have her photos sitting in a folder on my desktop, Traci has definitely come through with a gorgeous layout of Thomas. I just love it!

Click on the image to see credits and to leave her some much-deserved love. I promise mine is coming soon. It is just so nerve wracking to scrap someone else's photos. I want to do a really good job. Plus I think the heat may have zapped some of my mojo this week.

Now that I am on 3 CTs I understand why people start keeping lists on their blog. I have a long to do list - things that I HAVE to get done before the end of the month.

  • Photo Swap layout
  • Write article for the September Muse
  • At least one Dani layout
  • Jen Wilson week three Attire challenge (as soon as I know what it is)
  • Nancy Comelab blog challenge (ditto)
  • Shopping with all of my GCs :)

I will post more about what I actually DID achieve this weekend later this week when I can show the pages. Besides, this post is just getting way too long.

Thanks for making it to the end.

Nicole

1 comment:

Cathy Pascual said...

you've been very busy!!!
lucky you with all those GC's!!!
congrats!