Sunday, July 22, 2007

Revising my To Do List

I had a very productive weekend! I crossed four things off my to do list - whoo hoo! But the best thing is that I had fun doing it. I guess it wasn't such a bad thing that our weekend plans fell through (although I do still need a vacation - don't get me wrong).

I spoke with my brother tonight for the first time in probably a year. He only has a cell phone in Australia and it's too expensive for me to call so I try and catch up with him while he's visiting my parents. It made me want to leave to go home NOW - I can't believe I still have to wait for 2 and a half weeks. It's killing me.

But, back to my list. Here are the things I marked off the list:
  • Photo Swap layout
  • Layout with Dani's new kit
  • Small Project for Digi Scrapping Race (Dani's Girls blog is a stop)
  • Layout with the new MDM Collab Kit (coming soon)

And here are the results - well the two I can share anyway.

First of all, the photo swap challenge. This one was..well...challenging. There is so much more pressure when you are scrapping with someone else's photos, especially when that person is as talented as Traci Reed. In the end, though, I like how it turned out. IThe colors worked well togetehr and I think I used a good mix of elements. I just love that overlay from the Scrapartist Reverie kit. And it only took me three weeks!

And this one is my layout with Dani's new MVP kit. Fantastic kit and one I can see myself coming back to time and again as Thomas continues his sporting "career". There are just so many goodies in this kit that it's impossible to show them all in one layout. I love it when one kit allows for so many different pages. This was actually a re-scrap. I wasn't happy with my previous attempt but I was so proud of the journaling that I went back to try again.



Credits

Still remaining on my list...

  • Shopping with what remains of my GCs ($10 from Jen Wilson, $5 from Nancy Comelab)
  • Jen Wilson Challenge 4
  • Nancy Comelab Blog Challenge Goal LO (I think this will be a tough one)
Best get to bed now- another work week beckons... sigh...

Nicole

No comments: